The Friends of Areley Kings Village Hall – Information
In 2003 Areley Kings Village Hall Association was formed to raise money to build the new Areley Kings Village Hall. Each member contributed £100 and their donations were commemorated in the form of decorative tiles, each with an inscription chosen by the donor. These tiles can be seen in the main room of the hall as two large diamonds on either side of the large window. A substantial sum was raised and went to good use in the building of the hall.
In March 2004 the New Areley Kings Village Hall was opened – Members of the Association were invited to a reception to celebrate its opening. In May 2004 a meeting of Associate Members was called to discuss the possibility of continuing support for our new hall. An invitation to attend this meeting was extended to everyone in the village of Areley Kings and was well attended.
The result was the formation of the organisation known as ‘The Friends of Areley Kings Village Hall’.
What do we want to achieve?
The aims of the group include:
– to make the Village Hall a real community hall;
– to organise events for the community such as craft fairs, coffee mornings, dances and social and musical evenings with various artists;
– to raise funds for the enhancement of the Village Hall and charities that are accessed by local people;
– to produce a yearly newsletter for everyone in Areley Kings;
– to have fun doing all those things.
How much money have we raised?
We have raised thousands of pounds for the Village Hall and other charities, such as Acorns, Kemp and Macmillan. We’ve also made large donations to the Village Hall for its energy efficiency and multi-media projects.
What have we got planned ? Our regular Coffee Mornings, held on the 4th Wednesday of each month (with a ‘christmas special’ in December) between 10am and 12pm, have become part of life in Areley Kings for many people. They provide a welcome opportunity to meet and chat whilst consuming delicious home-made cakes with their coffee and tea. For details of other events see the News and Events Page
How can I become a member of the Friends?
It is easy to become a Friend of AKVH; the cost is just £5 per person per year. The membership year runs from October 1st every year. FAKVH renewals for members who have been kind enough to fill out standing order payments are not due until 15th October, which means that those members will get their new membership cards in October. Standing order payments will then go out on that date every year, without you having to worry about remembering to pay it or FAKVH having to ask for it. Also, please be assured that this is a very safe way of paying money. FAKVH cannot alter that payment at any time, as we do not have access to your bank account and you can cancel at any time if you no longer wish to remain a member of the Friends of AKVH.
The benefits of membership are;
- Each membership household will receive a quarterly newsletter with news of vents and regular meetings of organisations at the hall which often means advance notice of forthcoming events.
- An annual social event just for AKVH Friends
- Every member is entered in an annual draw for a luxury hamper
- Members are often given reduced ticket price on events organised by the Friends of AKVH
Contact our membership secretary Mary Symons on 01299 823166